Kulturhus Björkboda has several options for exhibition, ranging from decicated gallery space to various wall and floor spaces with two- and three-dimensional works. Outdoors and cellars provide more unique locations.
A dedicated space for displaying art. The heart of our exhibitions program showcasing both local and international artists.
A multi-purpose space for exhibitions, studio work and workshops. Equipped with a mini-kitchen.
The gallery space is a 50 m2 L-shaped “white box” with small reception room in the entrance. The gallery is the first room when visitors enter in the house and can be walked through, exiting to the lobby of the house. The two main windows face north-west giving diffused natural light to the space. The gallery is equipped with lighting rails and spotlights and can be darkened completely. Media technology is available on request. The gallery has shown visual arts, sculptures and installations and can be used as a reception and workshop space. As a new venue, we are experimenting and developing the space to fit diverse needs thus we are open to suggestions and improvements.
The salon is a 60m2 multi-purpose room with a high ceiling (+3m), light grey walls, inner yard facing large windows and a small kitchen. The entrance of salon is separated with a curtain which divides the gallery/studio space from kitchen-lobby area. Salon lobby is in communal use outside the summer season. The whole space is in exhibition use in the summer season.
Our exhibition program welcomes diversity and experimentation. We are a new cultural platform and can work fast and take risks. We encourage both professional and amateur creative practitioners and groups to work with us. We are especially interested in ideas that include community participation and site-specific work.
In addition to the gallery and salon, there are many prominent display areas in the other public areas of the building, both inside and out. These areas can extend the gallery exhibition or present works by artists who may have fewer pieces to show. The gallery is a flexible space that can be arranged into a darkened, dual-purpose studio and exhibition space when required. We are looking for interesting responses to the whole site.
Spring: Feb-May, ~25 days, during ~6 weeks
Summer: Jun-Aug, ~23 days, during ~4 weeks
Autumn: Sept-Dec, ~25 days, during ~6 weeks
Gallery rent (2023)
450€ Summer season
400€ Spring & Autumn season
Salon rent (2023)
400€ Summer season (full space)
300€ Spring & Autumn season : (2/3 of space)
(Salon front is in communal use in spring & autumn season, see the picture)
– House infra (heating, electricity, water, cleaning, wifi)
– Exhibition attendance, opening hours vary
– Press-release in three languages (Fin, Swe, Eng)
– Shop point-of-sales (for merchandise sales)
– PR emailing to local press & regional stakeholders (list of 100)
– Instagram & Facebook pre-promotion + invitation + reminders
– In-house poster
Notice, 24% VAT is added to all prices
– Setup / Takedown assistant, 25€/h
– Insurance, based on coverage (or insurance paid or waived by the artist)
– Local poster distribution (100€: 20x (A4/A3) local shops, venues and bulletin boards)
Hall, Shop & Outdoors
– Rent negotiated based on duration & technical requirements
– Sales commission 2023: 30%
– Sold artworks remain in the exhibition until end of the show
– Artworks are invoiced without VAT when applicable (marginaaliverotus)
– The artist is paid 70% of the price within one month of sale of the artwork
(VAT 10% included if the artist is VAT registered)
Call for 2024 exhibitions program is open. You are welcome to apply exhibition time for the gallery and for the salon. See the plans and rates above. Write a short description of your exhibition idea and how you relate it to Kulturhus Björkboda and our region. Attach your CV and send it to us. Do not hesitate to propose experimental ideas. We will reply to every proposal.